Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Three is coming August 2nd! Geena Davis As Huntara

Season Three is coming August 2nd! Geena Davis As Huntara

UPDATE July 19, 2019:

The trailer for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power's highly anticipated Season 3 has arrived! Plus, DreamWorks has unveiled a second poster via their social media.

Check out the trailer, new poster, and DreamWorks' live tweets from the SDCC She-Ra and the Princesses of Power panel below.

Description:

"Adora, Glimmer, and Bow embark on a journey of discovery that leads them to the desolate Crimson Waste. Meanwhile, Hordak and Entrapta push Catra aside while they conjure up a master plan that only The Princess Alliance can stop. The journey of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power continues on Netflix August 2nd!"

DREAMWORKS LIVE TWEETS

SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER PANEL AT SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON

@DreamWorksSheRa: “I feel so embraced by this community!” -@lauren_ash #SheRa #SDCC2019 much love to our fans!

@DreamWorksSheRa: Most fun for @KarenFukuhara are recording the effects. Just lots of screaming, chaos and fun! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Characters go into Crimson Waste in season 3, putting them in new situations. Expect lots of adventure! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Big revelation for She-Ra in season 3. Throws her into a loop. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Scorpia loves hard, to her own detriment @lauren_ash #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Scorpia didn’t fit in and didn’t have a sense of self. Horde gave her an identity. More Scorpia in season 3! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Super important to @Gingerhazing that Bow having two dads is normal and not a big deal. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Still not saying if we’ll have a musical episode #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Season 3 picks up right where season 2 ends! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Lots of tension on Bright Moon when Shadow Weaver arrives. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: She-Ra wasn’t expecting to have her past (ie: Shadow Weaver) come to her this quickly after leaving the Horde. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Light Hope is a source of frustration for She-Ra. Super knowledgeable but kinda all over the place. I mean... who doesn’t have THAT one friend, #amirite? #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: She-Ra has support of Best Friends Squad... and some new allies in season 3. Who could it be??? #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Adora has left the Horde but still really doesn’t have control of her future as She-Ra. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: One of the best fandom moments for @aimeecarrero is the Adora/Catra cosplayer proposal! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Best Friends Squad travel to Crimson Waste to find out more about Mara. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Geena Davis came to DreamWorks for a panel and said she was open to voicing a character. @Gingerhazing took her up on her offer! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Aaaand Geena taught @Gingerhazing a few archery stances. We’re fangirling hard over here! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Ruh oh! Catra and Scorpia will also be in the Crimson Waste! Guess who they’ll run into #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: New clip showed during panel... and Catra has a whip. A WHIP! #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: Easter eggs for ya guy! Kyle was Bow’s original name. Lonnie and Mara are references from classic She-Ra. #SheRa #SDCC2019

@DreamWorksSheRa: That’s a wrap! Thanks to these beautiful people! #SheRa #SDCC2019

-------------------
    Facebook just updated with some major excitement!

Link to a Deadline article that's a tad spoilerish in regards to the plot..

https://deadline.com/2019/05/she-ra-...PA81t0MRVYrbwU
    Last edited by zodak74; May 10, 2019 at 06:34pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! Can't wait!

Oh cool!! Nice take on Huntara in the article. This means its less than 3 months till more She-Ra!!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Ahhhhh! Geena Davis is such a legend! I remember her institute posted an article about new She-Ra some time back. Very happy that she's part of the voice cast!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Oh cool!! Nice take on Huntara in the article. This means its less than 3 months till more She-Ra!!
    I'm sooooo excited!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

This is so awesome! I can't wait for Season 3, I hope Peekablue, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Double Trouble, and more of just a cameo for The Star Sisters appear in the third season. It's great to hear Huntara will be in the series.
    Last edited by Mikey; May 11, 2019 at 02:36am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

One has to wonder what Huntara's origin will be here.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Well, considering this season "three" is actually the second half of season 2 that they withdrew from release without reason, and considering that the whole of season 2 was actually more than ready for release at the time that they released season 1 and that by now they have already finished season 3 (the "real" one of episodes 27 to 39) and even season 4 (it has been known for a while that the whole show is already done, because some people involved in its production revealed months ago that they were finishing the last strokes of the last season and were getting ready to move on to their next projects), I'd say it's actually quite a long wait for episodes 21 to 26 that have been gathering dust for months on end at Netflix's vault of unreleased long-finished read-to-air material that Netflix refuses to air for marketing/profit-maximizing reasons.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    One has to wonder what Huntara's origin will be here.
    Yeah, presumably not a hunter from Silax as Despondos seems devoid of other planets...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Yeah, presumably not a hunter from Silax as Despondos seems devoid of other planets...
    It's possible Silaxia will be another kingdom on Etheria, but with Entrapta helping Hordak get his portal up and running, it could very well be she gets pulled into Despondos accidentally when they test it. Would be a good way to let the Rebellion in on what Hordak is up to.

There will be sneak peek of season 3 She-Ra at Annecy Fest! (Also adding this to the Anncey Fest thread.)

--------------------

"On Thursday, June 13, DreamWorks Animation Television will assemble a roster of talent for a studio focus session that will explore the diverse and expansive slate currently in production. The panel, moderated by DWA’s Chief Creative Officer of TV Peter Gal will include Noelle Stevenson, executive producer of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power; Tim Hedrick, executive producer of the Fast & Furious animated series; and Rad Sechrist, executive producer of a new upcoming project. The producers will present creative details and footage from each series and discuss the unique challenges and rewards of animated television production."
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 9, 2019 at 06:29am.

wow. I'd heard she was brought onto the show but I didn't know she would be voicing such a loved character. Now I'm stoked.
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

I hope for more characters.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Me too, the more characters in this awesome series, the better.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I’m really hoping for more villains! Some traditional Horde villains and of course the lovely Huntara! But I want more of Grizzlor and I hope one of the plot developments is Hordak getting some more ‘elite’ troopd to Etheriz through the portal, like... oh, I don’t know... MOSQUITOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    I’m really hoping for more villains! Some traditional Horde villains and of course the lovely Huntara! But I want more of Grizzlor and I hope one of the plot developments is Hordak getting some more ‘elite’ troopd to Etheriz through the portal, like... oh, I don’t know... MOSQUITOR!
    It'd be nice. Dont think I've ever seen Mosquitor outside of his toy.

Heroic Warrior
    It's great that Huntara will be introduced into the series. And voiced by Geena Davis no less! It gives me hope that Lucy Lawless may voice a character one day, although I can't think of a suitable vintage character off the top of my head.

I hope that we see more reimagined characters, especially the likes of Sweet Bee, Flutterina and Peekablue, all of which I hope have a more ... monstrous appearance to show that "monsters" can be heroes too.

It would also be great to see an extended Loni / Double Trouble storyline which examined the difficulties of being a double (or triple) agent.

And of course, I'd like to see the core Horde members from the original cartoon showcased more: Grizzlor, Leech and Mantenna! Oh and Modulok too. And I want to see a LOT more of Octavia.

EDIT: Stupid me - Lawless for Hunga the Harpy! We can get some episodes examining the rivalry between Hunga and Angella.
    Last edited by Haephestus; June 11, 2019 at 06:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It's great that Huntara will be introduced into the series. And voiced by Geena Davis no less! It gives me hope that Lucy Lawless may voice a character one day, although I can't think of a suitable vintage character off the top of my head.

I hope that we see more reimagined characters, especially the likes of Sweet Bee, Flutterina and Peekablue, all of which I hope have a more ... monstrous appearance to show that "monsters" can be heroes too.

It would also be great to see an extended Loni / Double Trouble storyline which examined the difficulties of being a double (or triple) agent.

And of course, I'd like to see the core Horde members from the original cartoon showcased more: Grizzlor, Leech and Mantenna! Oh and Modulok too. And I want to see a LOT more of Octavia.
    I love Lucy Lawless too, and am always open to hearing and seeing more of her projects!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the Loni/Double Trouble connection!

I hope they could put He-Man there and I think it's a necessity now.
    He-Man is a more important icon in the pop culture that She-Ra and would caught huge attention. Something that the series needs cuz we could say ,after two season, that it's clearly a niche series wich needs more masivity.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 11, 2019 at 06:13pm.

I'm not sure we'll see many if any focus on the Horde monsters and I'll be surprised if we'll see anyone from Eternia (although I could be wrong) because that doesn't seem to be the story they're telling. This She-Ra series is definitely a much more intimate look at a core group of characters and their connections to each other, more specifically it's a tale about friendship of Catra and Adora with everyone else being along for that ride. Catra with her princesses and Adora with her's. I don't know if Grizzlor, Mantenna, or Leech would have a place in that kind of tale they're telling.

Again, could be wrong. They might have an episode or two where the Horde monsters show up it just doesn't seem likely.
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

I reckon, depending on Hordak's portal plan, we may see the 'scarier' Horde villains later on. I don't think we'll see He-Man (maybe Adam) but this really is Adora's journey and her time to shine. I hope for Grayskull - that transformation sequence just doesn't feel complete without it looming over her . I'm also very intrigued by Hordak's statements in the flashback to when he presents baby Adora to Shadow Weaver - is he trying to find Grayskull? was he travelling thousands of years into the past to obtain its power for the Horde empire... and instead only finding the infant Adora (and not realising her connection to Grayskull and the First Ones) can't wait to find out!
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BylZ05pFBa_/

DID SOMEONE SAY SWIFT WIND?! In the next couple of weeks, we're going on some special Swift Wind ADVENTURES!!! Please join us this Thursday for the first Swift Wind Story! #SheRa
    Swift Wind Adventures: Unicorn Warrior Training! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER

"Sure, meditation might help someone become a great warrior in time... But have you tried horsey methods?"

Last edited by Tallstar; June 13, 2019 at 06:26am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Swift Wind Adventures: Unicorn Warrior Training! | SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESSES OF POWER

"Sure, meditation might help someone become a great warrior in time... But have you tried horsey methods?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reqhrbXyNzc
    I love it! It excites me and saddens me that this show is so AWESOME! Yet we know exactly how many episodes we will get in total. But loving the ride until then!
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reqhrbXyNzc
    Why was Adora's theme playing during the training montage?

Hopefully we will get a video of the panel at Annecy Fest. In the meantime, Variety reported on some of the happenings.

The studio focus also took in an update by Noelle Stevenson of the critically-acclaimed Netflix original series “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power,” which she wrote and directed, as well as the original series “Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny” made for Prime Video, which plays in competition in the TV Films category at the Annecy Festival.

How did you tackle a show 30 years old”? asked Peter Gal, DreamWorks Animation’s chief creative officer, TV, of “She-Ra.” Stevenson answered that she watched a lot of episodes, lined up the characters and was enthused. “How often do you get to re-invent a property which is sci-fi fantasy, has flying unicorns and the leads are all women with superpowers?” Stevenson enthused.

She also loved “the glam ‘80s look” of the original series, and looked to artists such as Moebius for inspiration, “‘70s, ‘80s, sci-fi art, with its rich and evocative color palette.”

She wanted to show as much diversity of race, sexual orientation, and body shape, she said. “In Season 3, the intensity of these characters just keep increasing. I wanted to make a show about female empowerment, but I also wanted to suggest that being a woman is not easy, and there’s no easy solution,” Stevenson said at Annecy, showing stills of new characters such as the leader, voiced by Geena Davie, of the Crimson Waste – a desert with huge devastated mountains, the bones of prehistoric animals. Stevenson also played a punchy energetic sneak peek trailer of Season 3.

“We built the studio on TV series based off DreamWorks feature films and some titles from our media library like ‘She-Ra,’” said Gal who helped create and build DWA TV, which has as much as 20 shows in production at any same time, and has produced the equivalent of 270 feature films in just six years to date.

Going forward, DWA TV will continue doing animation features based on its shows – like “Boss Baby” and “Spirit” . but is also “expanding into areas that are really thriving for us right now,” Gal added. One is tapping Universal live-action film IP: “Fast and Furious: Spy Racers” and “Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous”; another way forward, “which we are going into very rapidly,” Gal said, is originals, the “first great example” being “Kipo.”

Reasons abound for the originals push. “Me and my team just get incredibly excited by new ideas,” Gal said.
    --------------------

This DreamWorks Animation Twitter page is starting to post some pictures from the event.

I hope there is more than 7 episodes this time . I recall a filmation interview where they said they made one episode per week .